1.24.2010

Lessons Learned on the Bus




This year William is riding bus #144 to school (really more like a short bus) and a big yellow bus #44 on the way home from school. It's bus #44 where William is apparently hanging out with the Kindergarten Mafia.
The other night we were finishing up a yummy chick-fil-a dinner when William and I decided to pass the time with a friendly game of thumb wars. After the 1-2-3-4- I declare thumb- William continued with 5-6-7-8 this will be a piece of cake. I don't remember there ever being a 5-6-7-or an 8 and I definitely don't remember the sneaky move he pulled next.

Let me re-cap the game. Showing no mercy I was about to hold down his tiny, cute little thumb when our little stinker unexpectedly put his thumb into the space where my fingers curve in and then declared, "GROUNDHOG" in a total knockout game. So of course my next question, between laughing my head off was where did you learn such a crazy rule? As if I should have known he replies, "David on the bus, mom!"

Josie has never had the pleasure or pain of riding the bus, to her dismay.

The bus has been quite an adventure this year and we are a little afraid to ask, but secretly look forward to hearing any new antics courtesy of the a.m. kindergartners on the big yellow bus 44.

No comments: