Josie did a timeline the other night at her Brownie meeting. The timeline showed 8, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 60 years old and under each age the girls were asked to write something about what their life will be like at that milestone. If anything it showed the different personalities of the girls, their hopes and dreams, and for Josie her destination.
As I looked around the room at the other girls timelines I saw: be a brownie, college, autism teacher, nanny and lots of other things like have a baby. When I first glanced at Josie's I was kind of taken back because all I saw were places, I thought oh my goodness what have we done, all Josie knows is destinations, places is that what she thinks about. It's our fault we've moved her too many times in her short 8 .9 years of life. Then I asked her to explain to me what her timeline meant that I was very interested in why she put places rather than occupations or activities.
She responded these are all the places I want to spend my life. She talked about Virginia and how she wants to live there when she's 10, 15 and 20 and then she wants to move back to Utah when she's 30. I asked her why UT? She said she wants to go back and see if it’s changed. The last one made us chuckle she wants to live in Florida when she's 60. She wants to live on the beach and sit on her porch and knit. Ernie and I had to laugh out loud at that one because we always joke about how Josie reminds us of Grandma Margot, her great grandmother, whom she's named after, because she's always in her robe and soft socks and slippers sewing or reading. About the Utah one, Ernie reminded me that Utah is the one place she probably has the most wonderful memories from. She remembers it the most out of all the places she's lived.
I know one thing for sure Josie is a sweet, smart girl that always surprises her family. By the way, one of the little brownies in Josie's group wants to date a hot guy when she's 15 and Josie just wants to live in Virginia and go to college so we must be doing something right!
1 comment:
LOL! You and Ernie are awesome parents! Love and miss you all!!
Post a Comment