8.16.2010

Room Makeovers for Back to School

When we moved to PA we were not sure how long we would live here especially in the townhouse we are renting.  I threw the kid's rooms together pretty quickly since Ernie and I had come up for a quick weekend to get the house set-up.  I wanted the kids rooms finished first.  I've never really like what I did with their rooms, so this weekend I made a few changes.  Unfortunately I have no pictures of what the rooms looked like before I moved stuff around. 

Josie's room:
 I moved her pink/orange shimmery curtains from her canopy to her windows.  Put shiny new orange tulle over her canopy instead ( I still need to swag it a bit above her bed).  Moved her bed off the wall and over to the other side of her room and put if perpendicular rather than parallel to the wall.  She picked out a wall lamp at IKEA for her reading corner.  We also added a plant to clean her air.






Will's room: 
I moved his bed off of the wall as well and moved his bookcase to make a half wall when you come into his room.  I thought it would give him more privacy at his desk and easier access to his books.  I made two collages in poster size frames from IKEA.  One of pictures of his LEGO creations over the past two years and the other is from brickmaster magazine clippings.  I'm still going to put LEGO over his LEGO brick bookcase in either vinyl lettering or 3-D letters.  I also custom made him a LEGO cork board by painting it orange and hot glueing flat LEGO pieces to the border. 






 

I wanted to clear out the clutter and organize a place where the kids could go and relax and also do their homework. 

We're ready for school to start!!

No comments: