1.22.2009

Pennslyvania





I went out last week and helped Ernie with our move. We received our stuff from storage on Sunday the 18th and by Tuesday I was happy with my progress of getting the house put together, so I headed back to Virginia on Wednesday morning. I got the kitchen set-up and the kids bedrooms. I've gotten very good at setting up a household in just a few days since I've gotten a lot of practice over the years. It also helps that most of our stuff went down to the basement since we are living in half the square footage as we had in Utah.

It's very refreshing to downsize, and live in a lot less space, I am really looking forward to cleaning this house since the house in Utah took about two hours to clean (once a week).

We are now residents of a borough called Alburtis. Yes, I said borough in PA it's either a borough, township or village not a city. We are in a cute little town that is somewhat rural. It was founded about 200 years ago so the homes are beautiful and have some of the most unique architecture from their time. The front doors are amazing. We live across the street from Lockridge Park which is the reason for the towns existence. It was once a Furnace and they now give tours of the old furnace everyday. There is a small main street with a few antique shops, coffee shop, restaurant and a hair salon. Josie's school is around the corner and next to the community pool. We are looking forward to bike rides through town and hikes in the hills next to Alburtis. We also live right by a ski resort and are looking forward to getting the kids on skis.

Ernie's warehouse is about a 13 minute drive from our new home and we are about 15 minutes from Allentown and the "nice" mall.

We aren't sure how long we will be in PA, but are looking forward to exploring our new city...enjoy the pictures they are from various spots around our borough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's adorable Jodi! Take pics of the house! It sounds like you've got it all under control as usual! I'm so happy you are all together again. Tim will be home through possibly April.