I'm SIX
Wow, I got the Zhu Zhu pet DS game...thanks Nana
Yes, I got a DS...
William celebrated his 6th birthday with a few friends, and a bunch of LEGOS. William lives for his LEGOS and the creations he makes are amazing. He loves to build from his imagination as well as LEGO plans. When we were thinking of ideas for his 6th birthday we knew it had to be a LEGO-EXTRAVAGANZA!!!
He woke up early on his b-day with a fever and not feeling too well. We kept him home from school and let him sleep in and take it easy. He spent the morning with just mom and dad and opened his gifts from us. He especially enjoyed his Nintendo DS and the Zhu Zhu pet game. He played with the virtual hamsters while I finished up his LEGO cakes.
His friends arrived and we started the party with LEGO color sheets (from LEGO.com) and then played a few games like "Pass the LEGO" and then built and raced LEGO cars on a homemade race track...made by Daddy, Josie and Will. Afterwards, they ate pizza and cake. Then they had some free time to just play LEGOS. We finished up with one last game "Who can build the most LEGO people in 3 minutes," and then opened presents. Will had a wonderful time, and I really think it will be a birthday, he will always remember.
(click to enlarge)
I researched all over the Internet for ideas and found a lot out there.
1. LEGO cake idea from Betty Crocker.com
2. Pass the LEGO (like Hot Potato) we played music and if you got caught holding the LEGO when the music stopped you were out.
3. LEGO Brickmaster Medals (also name tags)
4. LEGO gift bags. I used a 1 7/8" craft punch and made the circles from card stock and attached them to the gift bags with raised sticky squares. I also printed out LEGO posters and bookmarks from LEGO.com for the gift bags.
5. Will designed the centerpiece out of LEGOS of course.
6. I used primary colors for the tableware.
7. LEGO race track for the racers.
8. More LEGO games.

1 comment:
Jodi, We have Lego fans here too. If you are interested - a free 2 year subscription to Lego Magazine.
http://club.lego.com/en-us/news/NewsDetails.aspx?id=94759
Cyndi (Ernie and my husband, Richard work together)
Post a Comment