We are lucky enough to have family just down the road so for Labor Day weekend they came to visit. Mimi, Papi and Grandma made the trek from Virginia up to the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. We got the afternoon started with a light lunch of sandwiches and a yummy fruit salad made by Mimi and Josie. Next a quick tour of our home and our favorite park across the street---The Harry Potter Castle. Theo enjoyed hanging with his grandparents and taking a swim in the stream at the park.
Later in the day we headed over to Bethlehem--Christmas City USA, and roamed around the oldest book shop in the world...The Moravian Book Shop Est. 1745. Mimi picked up a sparkly Moravian star for her tree and a few for ours as well. Josie a Cleo the cat ornament and I a covered bridge ornament. At the bookstore I was able to find a book I'd been looking for..."The Kissing Hand."
The kids enjoyed hearing the story last night, and this morning were sent to school with kissing hands from daddy.
We rounded the day out with true Italian pizza from Salvatore's in Lower Macungie and custard and Italian ice from Rita's. Once back at the house we played a game of B-I-N-G-O and everyone was a winner. Thanks Mimi, Papi and Grandma for a special day, and a weekend we will always remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment