Ernie and I were able to walk both kids to their classrooms and meet the teachers. The school is really nice and small only 350 students so everyone knows everyone. Josie knows everyone in her grade. They both put their stuff into their lockers and headed to their desks to start the first day of school. Ernie and I walked home alone feeling very blessed to have such beautiful, smart kids to share our lives with.
A little Williamism:
W: Mom, I'm really excited about going to the first grade tomorrow, but I'm a little sad too.
M: Why, honey?
W: Because I'm leaving you.
Yep, he's my little man.
M: How was school today?
W: It was so fun. I got to eat in the cafeteria and we had snack. We also had two recesses. It was awesome.
M: Wow, that's great.
W: Mom, I thought about you all day long today. I love you.
M: I love you too, honey. I thought about you a lot today too, don't worry about mom I'll be okay, and I'll always be home waiting on you after you have a fun day at school.
W: Mom, I'm hungry.
Always thinking about food even during the tender moments.
On another note September 2010 is turning about to be a wonderful month for our family. We have quite a few things to be thankful for:
1. Ernie interviewed for an OM first shift position, and was selected for it. He will start sometime in the next few weeks. What this means for our family...Ernie will work when the kids are in school. He'll go from working 3:30 p.m.-3:00 a.m. to working 5:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. He will also have to learn a whole new area of the warehouse so he's ready for a new challenge.
2. Ernie was picked up by the Connecticut Air National Guard this month. He visited the unit on September 11. What a symbolic day to return to the duty of defending the USA. He's very excited about this new weekend warrior position.
3. Ernie's back has been acting up. The entire month of August was very stressful and we weren't sure if he was going to ever walk straight again or not be in pain. It took him 3 1/2 weeks of PT, pain meds, and rest to fix his back. He has two bulging disc and they were inflamed. As of September 1 he was back to his normal upright, straight self. He just has to take it easy and strengthen his body to avoid any more flare ups. Coming off the night shift will also make a world of difference.
Very thankful for those answered prayers.
Looking forward to what the end of 2010 and 2011 bring.
A few more pics from today:
No comments:
Post a Comment