Well we drove and drove today and didn't get as far as we thought we would. We were just too tired and we all needed a break so....
we are spending the night in a small town called Grinnel, Iowa it's between Des Moines and Iowa City. According to their website they are "the jewel of the prairie" and their total population is around 9,000 the town is also listed as one of the 100 best small towns in America. We checked into a comfortable Comfort Suites and took the kids for a nice long swim. Then we checked out the quaint downtown for some dinner.
Iowa is so much more beautiful than I remember...but we only saw the very west edge of it on our drives to North Dakota. The state has beautiful rolling green hills and of course fields of corn. I am so glad its been a really long time since I've seen "Children of the Corn" or I might be having a few nightmares.
We are glad we stopped instead of trying to push further...we are relaxing and taking in America's beautiful heartland.
Tomorrow night we'll be in Fremont, Ohio just east of Toledo (another small town and another Comfort Suites).
Check out our picnic by a corn field.
2 comments:
Hey Jodi! Yes, the midwest... the heartland is so pretty. Glad you are keepnig safe and having fun. We miss you guys!
OH such a cute picture of Callie and Cleo! How is Cleo doing? Those 2 were so cute together!
Post a Comment